Welcome to the “University for our babies”, was the invitation offered by the Chair of the Te Kōhao Board of Directors, Mariameno Kapa Kingi.
Te Kōhao Kōhungahunga, our bi-lingual Early Learning Centre at 60 Tennyson Rd, Enderley was opened on 12 February 2015 by Kiingi Tuheitia, who aptly named the building Ngā Rau Atawhai after his mokopuna and our Patron.
Te Kōhao Kōhungahunga is for whanau living in the Insoll and Enderley communities. Lead by Tere Gilbert, this bilingual Kaupapa Maori centre aims to:
- Increase Te Reo speaking tamariki/ mokopuna
- Build on the values of tuakana teina (tamariki teaching each other ‘buddy’ fashion)
- Ngahere/Forest learning environment, Tāne Mahuta, Papa-tū-ā-nuku and Rangi
- Role modelling good habits and behaviours
- Building whanaungatanga (positive relationships, responsibility and community). Everything encourages self-learning, experimentation and is a catalyst in developing enquiring minds.
If you wish to enrol:
- Hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 7:45am to 5:15pm,
- Tamariki can attend half days (8:30am to 12:15pm or 12:30pm to 4.30pm); school days (9:00am to 3:00pm), or full days (7:45am to 5:15pm)
- The centre offers 20 hours ECE for children aged 3 - 5yrs
- Whānau may be eligible for WINZ subsides to help with costs.
- Whānau enrolled with Family Start, may be eligible for an ELP (early learning payment) to help with costs.