This service focuses on the effective management of lung disease, diabetes and heart disease for whānau living in Hamilton City, Te Awamutu and Cambridge. This is a free service that will co-operate and co-ordinate with other healthcare services to maximise the potential for effective Disease State Management. The service is mobile and visits can be conducted in your home or place of choice. Health Care Plans are also a key component of this service. The aim of our service is to empower and enable whānau to effectively manage their own health and health decision-making by understanding their condition. It includes:
- FREE Home Visits.
- Full assessment health checks focussing on diabetes, heart and respiratory concerns.
- Health education and promotion for clients and their whanau.
- Individual health care management plans.
- Advocacy and follow-up care and support.
- Access to GP clinic services.
- Advocacy and support services.
- Exercise and nutrition education and support
- Dialysis support group.