Our Home Based Support Service aims to promote and maintain the independence of people who require support to enable them to continue to live in the community. The services enable nga kakano (client) to remain in their home by providing a flexible and client focussed service that supports and sustains the activities necessary for daily living in a way that promotes their independence and quality of life. We offer:
- ACC Home and Community Support
- Chronic Health Conditions Long Term Support
- Medication Oversight
- DSL Assessments; and
- Home Based Support services.
Services required by individual clients may include:
- Personal Care (Personal hygiene and grooming, Toileting, Feeding, Dressing, Transfers and mobility);
- Household Management (Cleaning, Laundry, Meal Preparation);
- Sleepover (Assistance with the above for an overnight period).
These services will be delivered in a supportive manner that respects the dignity, rights, needs, abilities and cultural values of the client, and their family/whanau. Referrals for this service can only be received through Disability Support Link (DSL) after a needs assessment has been completed and a referral plan confirmed by DSL.
The coverage area for this service is Waikato wide.Phone: 0800 4 TEKŌHAO (8356426)
Ask for the Home Based Support Services Coordinator