This service provides meaningful activity and health education and support to Kaumatua living within Hamilton City. This service aims to enhance positive social and functional activities for Kaumatua through mentally and socially stimulating programmes. Individual health plans are a key component of this service to help improve the health status of participating Kaumatua.
- A Marae based programme
- A forum to discuss any topic that may be of interest to you
- Education and Promotion of specific Health topics
- Socialisation programme
- Individual health plans
- Transport to and from the programme
- Create networks for use in the community
- Advocacy services
- Network with other Kaumatua providers
- Exercise programs
- Deliver information in a way that our whanau can understand it.
- The opportunity to learn about the Tainui People and the Kingitanga Movement
Contact us if you:
Phone: 0800 4 TEKŌHAO (8356426)
- Are aged 55 years or over?
- Live alone?
- Are home alone while your whanau are at work?
- Would like to enhance your weekly social activities?
Ask for the Kaumatua programme coordinator