Whānau Ora is about successful whanau who are:
- Living healthy lifestyles
- Participating full in society
- Participating in Te Ao Māori
- Economically secure and are successfully involved in wealth creation
- Cohesive, resilient and nurturing.
Whānau must always be in control of their health and wellbeing. The role of the Navigator is to engage, empower, advocate and support whānau to become independent and self-reliant.
The aim of Whānau Ora is to ensure that whanau receive the services they are entitled but more importantly this allows whānau to assess their current position and decide their future goals. The progress of each whānau is determined by their aspirations and their moemoea to meet their goals. Phone: 0800 4 TEKŌHAO (8356426)
Ask for the Whānau Ora Team