Primary mental health service
This service aims to provide qualified mental health staff within the primary care setting who can support, deliver, educate, and coordinate mental health & addiction services in primary care.
What we do
- Undertake clinical assessments
- Develop packages of care
- Provide follow up assessments
- Deliver brief interventions
- Develop closer links with other health organisations.
The goals of the service are
- To ensure that people living with mild to moderate mental health & addiction issues in the community are supported, and are linked to the appropriate health services;
- To work with people with mild to moderate mental health & addiction issues, who without support might require secondary mental health services;
- Applying evidence based mental health practice;
- Up skill health professionals within primary care teams so that they work consistently in terms of the ways they screen and assess people for mental health & addiction problems and that they have knowledge of available mental health & addiction services at all levels of care, and
- Improve understanding within the PHO’s enrolled population by raising the community’s general level of understanding about mental health & addiction issues.
Ask for the Primary Mental Health Team