Strengthening Families makes life easier for families dealing with government and other agencies. It unites agencies working in social service areas like health, education and welfare to coordinate care for families facing challenges. The service focuses on family well-being, reducing abuse, neglect and offending, and improving health and education. By communicating better and making sure families are getting all the help they need and are entitled to, the service aims to stop families falling through the gaps. Case meetings are arranged where the family and all relevant agencies come together to work on joint solutions. Strengthening Families is about health, education, welfare and community agencies working together and using resources better. The coverage area of this service is Hamilton, Cambridge and Te Awamutu. Self referrals are accepted.
What is our aim?
- Strengthening Families aims to improve the well being families
What are we here for?
- Strengthening Families approach is for everyone to work together to help your family/whānau
Who does it help?
- It helps families who have children 17 years old or under
- Whānau are having problems and may be getting help from:
- - Schools
- - Group Special Education
- - Health Service Worker
- - Child, Youth and Family
- - Housing New Zealand
- - Work and Income New Zealand
- - Māori Organisations
- - Community Agencies